Five(5) Questions Caregivers Must Ask Before Purchasing Technology
It is apparent that, as some technologies invented for caregivers are beneficial, some could also prove to be detrimental if mismanaged. Therefore, there are some certain questions caregivers must ask before purchasing and also application of any technology. Without a comprehensive knowledge about a certain technology, caregivers might mishandle the technology which could in turn be harmful.
To discern the questions caregivers must ask before buying or utilizing technology; the function(s) of that technology must be fully understood. Let’s take for instance, A “Life Alert Device” is very effective and easier to operate than cellphones when it comes to emergency situations. It has only one button and there’s no need for menus in navigating through.
The device works perfectly and saves lives; if by any means they (patient) are exposed to health threatening situations or feel unwell. All they need to do is to press the push button. An Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) and of course the caregiver will be at their disposal as soon as possible. But as these technologies are utile and profitable, some technologies (gadgets) could also be injurious if mismanaged or misused.
These Are Few Questions Caregivers Must Ask Before Purchasing Any Technology.
1. Does it have any recommendation? – As a caregiver, you have to ask yourself these questions. Do you know about anyone that have used this technology before? Has anybody prescribed the technology for you? What is the major comment from people that have used the technology in time past?
All these questions are paramount and of course it’s a question that must be asked before buying technology for utilisation. If it is recommended for you by someone that has tested its effectiveness, the caregiver must then have acquired knowledge on how it is operated, managed and also taken care of.
2. How expeditious it is? – One of the questions caregivers must also ask is how efficient the technology is? How long it takes to provoke positive results? How fast it can command response/attention? It is vivid that, technology (gadget) varies in quality, effectiveness, speed etc.
Therefore, it is very important for caregivers to know the efficiency of the technology (gadget) before purchasing it. This could be done by searching for necessary details and gathering of informations about the technology (gadget) from different sources. For example, when caregiver is about purchasing monitoring devices, it is better to go for any GPS monitoring device rather than just planting cameras at home; as cameras are restricted within the house vicinity. Whereas, any GPS monitoring device will still be effective even outside the vicinity of the house.
Don’t miss this
3. How elementary it is to utilize? – This is arguably another question caregiver must ask before purchasing technology (gadget). Is it cumbersome to use? Is it complicated? Caregiver must be able to understand this as negligence to this may be brutal when it comes to emergency.
As it is stated in the second paragraph of this article, that “Life Alert Device” is by far more easier to operate than cellphones because it only has a push button and no need for any navigation. In a state of emergency, cellphones may be time consuming and situation might have gotten nasty before help comes. But in the case of ‘Life Alert Device’, it is very easy to use and therefore has an edge over cellphones in an emergency situations.
4. Is there any means of contacting customers’ support? – This is also a question caregivers must ask before buying any technology (gadget). Sometimes, only pint-sized informations are stated on the technology’s (gadget’s) manual. So, the need for contacting the customers’ support for more elaborate informations may arises. However, if there’s a means to do that, it will probably be of an advantage and also will smoothen and enhances users-customers’ support relationship.
5. Durability of the technology – This is also an important question caregivers must ask before purchasing technology. Does it last long? How long does it take before being considered outdated? For solid result of any technology, it must be in its most active state/form. Because, whenever the value of any technology depreciate, its efficacy might also reduce and therefore brings about sub-standard or an undesirable result/upshot.
- The best care professionals
- Knowledge and support for people with heart disease
- Personalized care to meet your family’s needs
- Experience making a healthy diet and habits easier